Leaves of three...let it be!

Did you know...
Poison ivy is actually a native species, not an invasive species?
The Parks and Public Works team is working hard at treating and removing poison ivy in Egg Harbor.
The map on this page shows where poison ivy has currently been identified in Egg Harbor.

Coming into contact with poison ivy can cause a skin rash.  The oil that causes this allergic reaction is found in the leaves, stems, and roots of poison ivy.
If you come into contact with poison ivy, wash your self immediately with soap and water.  The reaction usually develops 12 to 48 hours after exposure and lasts 2 to 3 weeks.  If a rash develops, you can treat this with soothing lotions and cool baths.  If the rash is severe, please see your doctor.  Check out the Mayo Clinic's website for further information.
If your pet has come into contact with poison ivy, the oil could be spread to you.  You will need to bathe your dog while wearing protective gloves.  Visit this website for more information.